- Cancellation and reschedule policy
- Please contact us by email at least 7 days prior to the beginning of your original course date* for refunds and cancellations.
- Cancellations are subject to a $15 fee
Reschedules are permitted under the following conditions:
- Contact us by email
- 48 hrs prior to the start of your registered course time – free of charge
- within 48 hours to the start of your registered course time – $25 fee
- No reschedules/refunds permitted once the course starts.
*Additional fees may apply
*Our policy remains in effect regardless of when the course was registered (ex. registering for a course that will start in 2 days forfeits the ability to cancel as we require 7 days before the course starts) *Course date is based on your registered course date. For rescheduled courses, course date refers to the original course date or the rescheduled course date, whichever begins earlier
*All physical products are final sale (such as pocket masks, keychain CPR masks, etc)
*All full online courses are final sale
- Cancellation and reschedule policy for private/group bookings
- Please contact us by email at least 30 days prior to the beginning of your original course date* for refunds, cancellations, or reschedules.
- Cancellations are subject to a $10 fee per participant
*Private/group bookings refer to booking 5 participants or more in a class
*For public course cancellation/reschedule, please see “Cancellation and Reschedule Policy” (this policy is only for private group bookings)
*Additional fees may apply
*Our policy remains in effect regardless of when the course was registered (ex. registering for a private booking that will start in 2 days forfeits the ability to cancel as we require 30 days before the course starts)
*Course date is based on your registered course date. For rescheduled courses, course date refers to the original course date or the rescheduled course date, whichever begins earlier
- If I don’t pass a course, can I enroll again?
We offer a “Success Guarantee” policy. If you do not pass a course or you are not satisfied with our training, please contact us to enroll in the course again free of charge (100% participation of the course is required for this guarantee). This policy excludes our N95 mask fit testing.
- What is Blended Learning?
Blended learning is available to our CPR, Emergency First Aid, and Standard First Aid courses. Previously, these courses have been offered as in-person courses. With blended learning, participants can complete half of the training at their own pace at home and the other half in person. Blended learning is an accredited training program developed by the Canadian Red Cross that will nationally certify the participant to provide first aid.
- How do I access Blended Learning online content?
After we receive your order, an email will be sent to you by the end of the day detailing how to access the online learning component. The email will guide you on creating an account on the Canadian Red Cross website. Once you’ve created an account, select the “My Profile’s” tab, then select “My Online Courses” to access your online first aid course.
- When will I get my certificate?
You will know the results of your first aid or CPR evaluation and receive the official electronic certificate 2 business days after the course is completed. N95 mask fitting certifications are physically issued immediately after the fit test.
- How long does my first aid or CPR certification last?
All of our first aid and CPR certificates are valid for 3 years from the date you passed the course except Basic Life Support. Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications are valid for 1 year. Some organizations, work requirements, or professions (ex. nurses) require you to re-certify every year. Please confirm with your organization or employer to determine whether annual re-certification is required.
- How long does my N95 mask fit certification last?
Our N95 mask fit certification is valid for 1 year. Annual re-certification is recommended.
- Can you replace my lost certificate?
If you lost your certificate, we can replace it with a fee. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
- What payment methods do you accept?
We accept credit card, cash, cheque, or e-transfers.
- How do I pay with cash or cheque?
Please contact us by phone (604 817 9428) to arrange for in-person payment.
- How do I pay with e-transfer?
Please book the course online and select the etransfer option during payment. Prior to the course, transfer us the payment with the information below. Once we receive your payment, a receipt will be emailed to you.
- Name: Intensive Care
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have AUTODEPOSIT enabled
- (OPTIONAL) Security question: Who is this for?
- (OPTIONAL) Security answer: IntensiveCare
- Basic Life Support and CPR HCP
Basic Life Support (BLS) replaced CPR HCP as of April 2019. BLS is a more robust course that focuses on pre-hospital care and is designed for health care professionals such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics. Basic Life Support will not be combined with our Emergency First Aid or Standard First Aid courses. Therefore, if you want to get certified in (for example) Standard First Aid and BLS, you will need to take Standard First Aid & CPR C and Basic Life Support separately.
- What makes our training unique from our competitors?
Our team is made up of health care professionals who aim to provide educated first aid training to our clients. Rest assured, our instructors are experts in the first aid and health care field and have years of experience in emergency response to educate and prepare you on how to respond to emergencies.
- I’m not sure which first aid or CPR course to take.
If you head over to our courses tab, we’ve created a short 2 question online quiz to suggest the course you might be interested in. If you’re still trying to decide which course to take, send us an email via the contacts tab and we’ll be happy to help!
- Will there be an evaluation?
For our first aid and CPR courses, there will be a practical evaluation through simulations as well as a written examination. 75% is the passing grade for the written examination.
- Do you offer private booking or training at our location?
Yes, we can travel to your location in Vancouver or nearby cities (ex. Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, etc). Just send us an email and we can get started!
Have a question not answered here?